TurboZentrum 350HP+ Stage 2 Hybrid Turbocharger for the Hyundai i30N models (MHI 28231-2GTB1)
New OE MHI Turbocharger with Stage 2 hybrid compressor wheel and uprated journal bearings.
The stage 2 is a turbocharger that has the same outer dimensions as the original one but puts out an increase in performance, while still having a great driving dynamic. What is the maximum power worth, if your car is undrivable? Combine a fast build up of boost pressure with keeping a good response in the low rev bands.
A bigger compressor wheel, milled out of light aluminium and extended tip technology. The compressor housing is CNC machined to the exact dimensions of the new compressor wheel to gain an optimal clearance so no power is wasted.
Also optimize the gap between housing in addition to multiple changes to increase the longevity of the core, backplate and the bearing seat installing re-enforced radial and 360° axial bearings.
- As a base original MHI turbocharger (part number: 28231-2GTB1)
- 350HP+ *
- Increased size of compressor wheel for the application**
- CNC milled compressor wheel with slim design and extended tip technology
- CNC milling and gap optimization of the compressor housing
- Reinforced actuator with increased preload
* The performance indication is an average of the experience during testing. Because an average can also mean, that a higher performance might be archived, we used the + as an indication. Please note, that the fuel type, the engine and the tuning of the engine have a big impact on the power output. Weather all these factors are at an optimum will be the difference between reaching the claimed output or not. An underachieving may be possible with a less ideal setup.
** The size of the compressor wheel is not based on the biggest wheel that we can fit, but on carefully calculated values to get out the most power while still taking drivability and longevity into account.
A Turbo is an essential Part of the engine. When optimizing the Turbo you have to individually adapt the software to your new configuration. In order to maximize the performance of your turbo, we recommend to a bigger downpipe, a new exhaust system, a bigger intercooler and a modified air intake. With most engines we also recommend to reinforce the engine.